Presented by ETS Laboratories and Scott Laboratories
Thursday, August 5, 2010
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Umpqua Community College
1140 Umpqua College Rd
Roseburg, OR 97470
Reserve your space today:
MICROBIOLOGY FROM VINEYARD TO FERMENTATION
- What is in the vineyard and why is it important?
- What comes in on the grapes?
- Can it affect your wine?
- Minimizing problems from vineyard microbes
- New detection methods for microbial identification
GRAPE PHENOLIC COMPOSITION
- Grape maturation - the ETS Juice Panel
- Monitoring phenolic ripening
- Grape water content and its affect on grape composition
- Characterizing raw materials entering the winery
- Monitoring phenolic extraction during fermentation
- Manipulating extraction and augmenting phenolic composition
Enzymes for maximizing yields and aromatics
Choosing yeast strains for harvest 2010
Tannin options selected for the North American wine market